Monday, January 5, 2009

Laugh if you will...but I know it was God!

Okay, not to sound like the crazy religious lady you should be scared of, but you know how I am totally into "the best is yet to come"? Well, let me tell you what happened today. At lunch time I was gonna run to Wal-Mart and buy some mousse for Katie's hair, and my hair. She likes the kind that makes your hair curly, and I just use any ol' kind. Anyway....I decided I really didn't want to go into Wal-Mart, so I would just whip into Walgreens, and I thought pay a little extra, which would have totally been worth it not to fight the crowd, right? The total cost of two cans of mousse (drum roll please...) $3.47!!! I am not even joking. I will have Katie scan the receipt and post if you don't beleive me! Her brand of mousse, of which they had only one can, was on sale for $2.19, normally would have been around $4.50, and the mousse I got was $2.99, but they had a coupon for $2.00 off, so I got mine for .99 cents! I give God all the glory for it! Amazing! Some other good stuff happened today too, but I know you have lots of other blog posts to read. As Zeke would say, (brace yourselves for the poor grammar) "Ain't that awesome?!"

5 comments:

Malisa Howerton said...

Marti, you absolutely crack me up, and I love you to death!! You make my day a little brighter every time I read your blog!! Who knew mousse could make your day!!

Pruitt's Pages said...

That just goes to show you, God cares about the little things too! You are so funny! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Girl....You are HILLARIOUS!!!! I love reading your blog. I wish I had a sense of humor like yours and was able to protray it so well through my writing. You are so encouraging, because we are supposed to praise God for all the little things too (even mousse)!

Kasey said...

I love sales, and if you haven't noticed by my blog, I'm not afraid to search out (for lack of a better word) cheap stuff. It makes me happy, and I am happy for you! I am a firm believer that God cares about our finances and our time!

Kenlea said...

You are so funny!!! I love reading your blogs...they are always such a blessing and encouraging!! Have a GREAT day!!