Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Real Me

I have been told that I am not the easiest person to get to know, and that I don't let people know me. Now, how is a person supposed to respond to that?! The truth is people....what you see is pretty much what you get. I'm just a simple girl! This is as real as it gets! Going along with that theory, I thought I would try to do a few informational posts about myself. Sort of the good, the bad, and the ugly relating to Marti Lindabury. Where to start? How about with some of my favorite things....

Things I Love or Really, Really Like

1. God
2. Family
Okay I know those first two were like DUH, but it is true!! The rest of these things are in no certain order, okay.....
3. Blue Bell ice cream
We were on our way to meet our dear friends for breakfast at Cracker Barrel this morning, and we drove past a Blue Bell ice cream truck on the interstate. I looked at Bryan, and said "I love Blue Bell ice cream." To which my husband responded, "I know you do, Honey!"

4. Bunco with my friends

I call it Bunco with the Baptists, because a lot of the girls I play with go to West Fork First Baptist church. These ladies are incredible, and I am NOT exaggerating! I look forward, and need that time with some other women each month. It makes me sad when we have to miss a month or two because trying to get 12 women 's schedules to work together is just crazy. If you want to feel beautiful, you should surround yourself with beautiful people.

5. My New Cowgirl Boots
I do. I love them. I told you I am a simple girl. I love that my husband loves me wearing them too!
6. Glee

New show on ABC Family, comes on Wednesday nights, so we have to DVR it because we miss the first part while we are at church. I LOVE IT! You should watch it!

7. Biggest Loser

I have taken some flak over liking this show as much as I do. The truth is I find it very inspiring, this season especially. Have you heard some of the stories of where these people came from, and what they have faced in their lives? There is one lady that lost her husband, her daughter, and her son (I think her name is Abby) in a fatal car accident. Her and others on the show, watching them overcome the emotions that have contributed to their condition. It is inspiring.
8. Reading Books
I love to read, and would rather read than watch TV, with the exception of the couple of shows I really love. Charlane Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, the Twilight series are just a few.....
So there it is. A few things I really, really like. I promise to share more. I will admit, it is a little harder for me to do than I expected, but I am willing to try.
By the way, here is a shot of Laney with her glasses.

No comments: