Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I changed my mind!

Previously in one of my blog posts, I said I didn't want to be "a crazy religous lady, that you should be scared of," however...I will glorify my God, and Father every chance I get, so I changed my mind...not about the scary part. If I offend anyone by telling how good God is repeatedly, I cannot apologize for that. HE IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME!! I refuse to walk one day without Him. That being said, I played bunco with my friends Friday night. We laughed sooo incredibly hard. Malisa kept getting grossed out because apparently there was a stray hair on the table she was sitting at. It was pretty funny, not that it was grossing her out, but her reaction. I couldn't help but think of this scripture on Saturday, as I was laughing all over again about our good time.

Not even a sparrow, worth only a half a penny, can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to him than a whole flock of sparrows.

Matthew 10:29-31 NLT

I don't know if the hair was one of mine or not, but God knows. God cares for us so much, that he knew whose head, and what number it was that fell out! Often I am so overcome by the very fact that he is so detailed & cares so much about even the little things. Remember to praise Him for every little detail in your life....okay maybe not for your hair falling out, but you get the point.

3 comments:

world of wynn said...

Marti, your so awesome!! I love reading your blogs, they motivate me to be a better Christian. The fact that you can take the hair situation (which WAS too hilarious) and use it to remind everyone how much God loves us is just awesome!!

Malisa Howerton said...

I am so glad that I could help you out with this!!! I seriously have only started the hair thing in the last few months. It just grosses me out...and it could very well have been my own!! I love reading your posts...you crack me up AND make me want to be a better Christian!!!!! Love you Marti!!

Anonymous said...

You are my role model! I adore reading your blog (I think I say that every time I leave a comment). I agree with Rachel and Malisa, the things you say make me want to be a better Christian. You are a great influence. Please don't ever stop writing about our AWESOME GOD. Where would we be without Him?